From: Dexuan Cui <decui@microsoft.com>
To: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>,
	KY Srinivasan <kys@microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: linux-next: manual merge of the char-misc tree with the char-misc.current tree
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 08:46:41 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Stephen,
Thank you! I can confirm your rebase for next-20181204 is correct:
37c2578c0c40 ("Drivers: hv: vmbus: Offload the handling of channels to two workqueues")

> > concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
> > upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
> > also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
> > tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.
>
> Yeah, this is a mess, I'll wait for the hyper-v developers to send me a
> fixup patch for handling this merge issue, as they know it is happening
> :(
>
> greg k-h

Since Stephen has fixed the merge issue correctly, I guess I may not need to send a fixup
patch for linux-next.git. If I didn't get it right, please let me know which tree/branch I
should work on to send a fixup patch.

It looks the conflict here happened because the two related patches, which modify
the same functions, went into different branches of char-misc.git. I didn't realize this
could happen... Sorry. The lesson I learnt is that I should not submit an urgent fix
with an unimportant clean-up patch at the same time, when they can cause a conflict.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan