* LATEST-IS naming
@ 2008-05-15 22:03 Randy.Dunlap
From: Randy.Dunlap @ 2008-05-15 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-next

Hi Stephen,

With the patch-vXYZ-next-datestamp.{gz,bz2} naming, having a file
named LATEST-IS-next-datestamp doesn't help scripts fill in the
vXYZ part of the patch filename.  Would it be possible/feasible
for the LATEST-IS file to have content to tell what the patch
file applies to, like:
v2.6.26-rc2

or just the full vXYZ[-rc] info in the LATEST-IS filename.

If not, do you have other suggestions/preferences?

Obviously I can get around this problem, but some direct version-datestamp
info would be helpful.

--
~Randy

* Re: LATEST-IS naming