Linux-NFS Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
* status of NFS4 acls and umask
@ 2018-12-11 13:11 Rik Theys
From: Rik Theys @ 2018-12-11 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nfs

Hi,

In https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-nfs/msg27799.html from 2011, Jeff
Layton describes how/why an NFSv4 ACL does not override the umask like a
posix ACL does. It mentions that it did not work back then and that
something might be done about that.

What is the status now? When I look at the CentOS 7.6 client/server it
seems this is still not implemented. Is this fixed in newer upstream
versions? If not, are there any plans on finding a solution?

Regards,

Rik

--
Rik Theys
System Engineer

* Re: status of NFS4 acls and umask
@ 2019-01-10 20:29 ` bfields
From: bfields @ 2019-01-10 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rik Theys; +Cc: linux-nfs

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 02:11:59PM +0100, Rik Theys wrote:
> In https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-nfs/msg27799.html from 2011, Jeff
> Layton describes how/why an NFSv4 ACL does not override the umask like a
> posix ACL does. It mentions that it did not work back then and that
> something might be done about that.
>
> What is the status now? When I look at the CentOS 7.6 client/server it
> seems this is still not implemented. Is this fixed in newer upstream
> versions? If not, are there any plans on finding a solution?

I'ts fixed if your NFSv4.2 client and server implement
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8275, which upstream linux client and
server now do.  For RHEL I believe that change went into 7.4.  If that's
not working for you, you may need to check that the protocol version is
4.2.

--b.