On Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 03:31:18PM +0100, Patrick Steinhardt wrote: > Since glibc 2.2, the function res_querydomain(3) is implemented as a > define to `__res_querydomain`. Due to this implementation detail, using > `AC_CHECK_LIB` with a symbol name of "res_querydomain" will cause a > linking failure and thus fail to detect its availability. This is why > right now, we try to detect availability of `__res_querydomain` instead. > > Unfortunately, this may break on other platforms where there is no > `__res_querydomain` but only the function without leading underscores. > To fix this, we can perform another `AC_CHECK_LIB([resolv], > [res_querydomain], ...)` call in case where the other one was not found > and only raise an error if both symbols weren't found. > > Signed-off-by: Patrick Steinhardt Is there anything I can do to get this rolling and improve my patches? Or did I accidentally pick the wrong mailing list for the userspace part of nfs? Patrick