Hello Bruce, On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 02:33:21PM -0400, J. Bruce Fields wrote: > On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 08:07:46AM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote: > > Dear NFS maintainer, > > the manpage-l10n project maintains a large number of translations of > > man pages both from a large variety of sources (including NFS) as > > well for a large variety of target languages. > > > > During their work translators notice different possible issues in the > > original (english) man pages. Sometimes this is a straightforward > > typo, sometimes a hard to read sentence, sometimes this is a > > convention not held up and sometimes we simply do not understand the > > original. > > > > We use several distributions as sources and update regularly (at > > least every 2 month). This means we are fairly recent (some > > distributions like archlinux also update frequently) but might miss > > the latest upstream version once in a while, so the error might be > > already fixed. We apologize and ask you to close the issue immediately > > if this should be the case, but given the huge volume of projects and > > the very limited number of volunteers we are not able to double check > > each and every issue. > > > > Secondly we translators see the manpages in the neutral po format, > > i.e. converted and harmonized, but not the original source (be it man, > > groff, xml or other). So we cannot provide a true patch (where > > possible), but only an approximation which you need to convert into > > your source format. > > > > Finally the issues I'm reporting have accumulated over time and are > > not always discovered by me, so sometimes my description of the > > problem my be a bit limited - do not hesitate to ask so we can clarify > > them. > > > > I'm now reporting the errors for your project. I'm not repeating the > > errors reported 2020-05-16, 2021-05-29, if you would like a full > > report, please let me know. If future reports should use another > > channel, please let me know as well. > > This is probably fine. > > But if it's possible to make these into patches against nfs-utils > (http://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=steved/nfs-utils.git;a=summary), and send > them to steved@redhat.com, cc'd to this list--that would probably get > the fastest response. Sorry, given more than > 100 upstreams and very limited man power this is not possible. I would be really glad if you could handle them, even if this takes more time (better late than never). Thanks for taking care! Greetings Helge -- Dr. Helge Kreutzmann debian@helgefjell.de Dipl.-Phys. http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php 64bit GNU powered gpg signed mail preferred Help keep free software "libre": http://www.ffii.de/