Linux-NFS Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@oracle.com>
To: Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@hammerspace.com>
Cc: NeilBrown <neilb@suse.com>,
Subject: remounting hard -> soft
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 10:57:21 -0400

Hi Trond-

We (Oracle) had another (fairly rare) instance of a weekend maintenance
window where an NFS server's IP address changed while there were mounted
clients. It brought up the issue again of how we (the Linux NFS community)
would like to deal with cases where a client administrator has to deal
with a moribund mount (like that alliteration :-).

Does remounting with "soft" work today? That seems like the most direct
way to deal with this particular situation.

--
Chuck Lever