Linux-NFS Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* NFS issues about aio and dio test
@ 2019-08-06  6:08 Su Yanjun
  2019-08-26  0:37 ` Su Yanjun
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Su Yanjun @ 2019-08-06  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nfs; +Cc: cuiyue-fnst

Hi,

When I tested xfstests generic/465 with NFS, there was something unexpected.

When memory of NFS server was 10G, test passed.
But when memory of NFS server was 4G, test failed.

Fail message was as below.
     non-aio dio test
     encounter an error: block 4 offset 0, content 62
     aio-dio test
     encounter an error: block 1 offset 0, content 62

All of the NFS versions(v3 v4.0 v4.1 v4.2) have  this problem.
Maybe something is wrong about NFS's I/O operation.

Thanks in advance.








^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: NFS issues about aio and dio test
  2019-08-06  6:08 NFS issues about aio and dio test Su Yanjun
@ 2019-08-26  0:37 ` Su Yanjun
  2019-08-28 17:28   ` bfields
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Su Yanjun @ 2019-08-26  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nfs; +Cc: cuiyue-fnst

Any ping?

在 2019/8/6 14:08, Su Yanjun 写道:
> Hi,
>
> When I tested xfstests generic/465 with NFS, there was something 
> unexpected.
>
> When memory of NFS server was 10G, test passed.
> But when memory of NFS server was 4G, test failed.
>
> Fail message was as below.
>     non-aio dio test
>     encounter an error: block 4 offset 0, content 62
>     aio-dio test
>     encounter an error: block 1 offset 0, content 62
>
> All of the NFS versions(v3 v4.0 v4.1 v4.2) have  this problem.
> Maybe something is wrong about NFS's I/O operation.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: NFS issues about aio and dio test
  2019-08-26  0:37 ` Su Yanjun
@ 2019-08-28 17:28   ` bfields
  2019-09-02  8:37     ` Su Yanjun
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: bfields @ 2019-08-28 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Su Yanjun; +Cc: linux-nfs, cuiyue-fnst

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 08:37:41AM +0800, Su Yanjun wrote:
> Any ping?
> 
> 在 2019/8/6 14:08, Su Yanjun 写道:
> >Hi,
> >
> >When I tested xfstests generic/465 with NFS, there was something
> >unexpected.
> >
> >When memory of NFS server was 10G, test passed.
> >But when memory of NFS server was 4G, test failed.
> >
> >Fail message was as below.
> >    non-aio dio test
> >    encounter an error: block 4 offset 0, content 62
> >    aio-dio test
> >    encounter an error: block 1 offset 0, content 62
> >
> >All of the NFS versions(v3 v4.0 v4.1 v4.2) have  this problem.
> >Maybe something is wrong about NFS's I/O operation.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.

Off the top of my head it doesn't look familiar.

What kernel version are you running on client and server?

Did this test previously pass on an older kernel (so, was this a recent
regression?)

Have you looked at generic/465 to see what exactly is happening here?

--b.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: NFS issues about aio and dio test
  2019-08-28 17:28   ` bfields
@ 2019-09-02  8:37     ` Su Yanjun
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Su Yanjun @ 2019-09-02  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Bruce Fields; +Cc: linux-nfs, cuiyue-fnst


在 2019/8/29 1:28, J. Bruce Fields 写道:
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 08:37:41AM +0800, Su Yanjun wrote:
>> Any ping?
>>
>> 在 2019/8/6 14:08, Su Yanjun 写道:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When I tested xfstests generic/465 with NFS, there was something
>>> unexpected.
>>>
>>> When memory of NFS server was 10G, test passed.
>>> But when memory of NFS server was 4G, test failed.
>>>
>>> Fail message was as below.
>>>      non-aio dio test
>>>      encounter an error: block 4 offset 0, content 62
>>>      aio-dio test
>>>      encounter an error: block 1 offset 0, content 62
>>>
>>> All of the NFS versions(v3 v4.0 v4.1 v4.2) have  this problem.
>>> Maybe something is wrong about NFS's I/O operation.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
> Off the top of my head it doesn't look familiar.
>
> What kernel version are you running on client and server?
client:4.18
server:4.18 (latest version:5.3.0-rc6+ also has this problem)
>
> Did this test previously pass on an older kernel (so, was this a recent
> regression?)
This test previously passed on 3.10 kernel.
> Have you looked at generic/465 to see what exactly is happening here?

generic/465 tests for  aio and dio function.

The memory usage is very low for th test case.

Not quite like a memory problem.

>
> --b.
>
Thanks in advance.

su




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-08-06  6:08 NFS issues about aio and dio test Su Yanjun
2019-08-26  0:37 ` Su Yanjun
2019-08-28 17:28   ` bfields
2019-09-02  8:37     ` Su Yanjun

Linux-NFS Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-nfs/0 linux-nfs/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-nfs linux-nfs/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-nfs \
		linux-nfs@vger.kernel.org linux-nfs@archiver.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-nfs


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-nfs


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox