linux-nfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Olga Kornievskaia <aglo@umich.edu>
To: Samy Ascha <samy@ascha.org>
Cc: linux-nfs <linux-nfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Specific IP per mounted share from same server
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 11:09:10 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi Samy,

Are you going against a linux server? I don't think linux server has
the functionality you are looking for. What you are really looking for
I believe is session trunking and neither the linux client nor server
fully support that (though we plan to add that functionality in the
near future).

Bruce, correct me if I'm wrong but linux server doesn't support
multi-home (multi-node?) therefore, it has no ability to distinguish
requests coming from different network interfaces and then present
different server major/minor/scope values and also return different
clientids in that case as well. So what happens now even though the
client is establishing a new TCP connection via the 2nd network, the
server returns back to the client same clientid and server identity as
the 1st mount thus client will use an existing connection it already
has.