linux-nfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Olga Kornievskaia <aglo@umich.edu>
To: Chandler <admin@genome.arizona.edu>
Cc: "linux-nfs@vger.kernel.org" <linux-nfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: NFS hangs on one interface
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 10:46:05 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi Chandler,

Given what you say, it sounds to me more like a generic networking
issue between this particular problem and the server.

debug messages are logging that client can't reach the server:
Nov  8 17:58:21 NFSclient kernel: nfs: server x.2 not responding, still trying

I'd recommend making sure that your network works alright between
those interfaces. Perhaps running an iperf for a few minutes to make
sure you are seeing expected, consistent performance between those two
nodes. Another thing to check if you for some reason have duplicate
IPs in the system that can show up as weird hangs.