linux-nfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Volodymyr Khomenko <volodymyr@vastdata.com>
To: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: linux-nfs@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: GSSAPI fix for pynfs nfs4.1 client code
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 17:38:45 +0300	[thread overview]

> The seq_num field can start at any value below MAXSEQ
Yes, that's the statement I haven't found before in RFC...
Probably we also need to write a test starting the seq_num from a big
value (more than SEQUENCE_WINDOW)
to make sure that it is really implemented properly without
'is_inited' flag (so what's the initial value?).

However I still propose to keep the default behaviour of pynfs to be
the same as for linux NFS4 client.
I think the caller can change it when needed (to 0 or whatever
needed), but the default value should be good...

volodymyr.