Linux-NVDIMM Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
To: "Li, Redhairer" <redhairer.li@intel.com>
Cc: "linux-nvdimm@lists.01.org" <linux-nvdimm@lists.01.org>
Subject: Re: daxctl: Change region input type from INTEGER to STRING.
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 17:50:24 -0800

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 6:43 PM Li, Redhairer <redhairer.li@intel.com> wrote:

> I have squashed my previous two change.
> Please refer it.

The logic looks good, and it's passing my manual tests. However the
unit tests are currently failing, so I got sidetracked trying to look
into that. Not your issue, but it prevented me from responding right
away.

As for the final version of the patch:

The changelog grammar needs a small fixup. How about:

"
Allow daxctl to accept both <region-id>, and region name as region
parameter. For example:

    daxctl list -r region5
    daxctl list -r 5
"

There were some whitespace errors in util_daxctl_region_filter()
(indentation for a continued if statement and missing space around
"=="). You can use vim's default C identing.

It also needs to be resent as a plain text patch, not an attachment,
otherwise patchwork won't pick it up [1]. For this first submission
you can send it again as an attachment and I'll resend to the list.

[1]: https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-nvdimm/list/