Linux-NVME Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Talker Alex <alextalker@yandex.ru>
To: "linux-nvme@lists.infradead.org" <linux-nvme@lists.infradead.org>
Subject: Re: NVMeoF driver & Reservations
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2019 11:51:36 +0300

> But if you have a legit scenario or a
> use-case I'll be happy to work on this.

I think in SCSI subsystems this support is usually made to pass-by Microsoft Windows Server Failover Clustering requirements.
Regarding the use-case I think this is as usual an effort to create
a lock mechanism in order to synchronize access to the same device without an additional layer on client side.

I don't know whether NVMeoF works on Windows at all by now, haven't checked yet.
Anyway, I'd like to see your code if you published it anywhere.
Unlikely with SCSI, NVMe Reservations seems to be easier to implement with dedicated HostNQN identifier,
digging through the specification conditions.