Hi! > > nvme devices report temperature information in the controller information > > (for limits) and in the smart log. Currently, the only means to retrieve > > this information is the nvme command line interface, which requires > > super-user privileges. > > > > At the same time, it would be desirable to use NVME temperature information > > for thermal control. > > > > This patch adds support to read NVME temperatures from the kernel using the > > hwmon API and adds temperature zones for NVME drives. The thermal subsystem > > can use this information to set thermal policies, and userspace can access > > it using libsensors and/or the "sensors" command. > > > > Example output from the "sensors" command: > > > > nvme0-pci-0100 > > Adapter: PCI adapter > > Composite: +39.0°C (high = +85.0°C, crit = +85.0°C) > > Sensor 1: +39.0°C > > Sensor 2: +41.0°C > > > > Signed-off-by: Guenter Roeck > > This looks fine to me, but I'll wait a few more days to see if there are > any additional comments.. User wants to know temperature of /dev/sda... and we already have an userspace tools knowing about smart, etc... pavel@amd:/data/film$ sudo hddtemp /dev/sda /dev/sda: ST1000LM014-1EJ164: 48°C I see we also have sensors framework but it does _not_ handle harddrive temperatures. Does it need some kind of unification? Should NVMe devices expose "SMART" information in the same way other SSDs do? Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html