Linux-NVME Archive on lore.kernel.org
* NVMe CLI Version Tag
@ 2020-10-20 15:52 Jeffrey Lien
From: Jeffrey Lien @ 2020-10-20 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Busch, linux-nvme; +Cc: Sean Brownlow, Randall Bates

Keith,
I'd like to request that the nvme cli version be updated to 1.13 and then tagged.   It's been 4 months since it was last changed and tagged.

Thanks

Jeff Lien
eSSD Core SW Tools & Drivers

Western Digital
2900 37th St NW
Building 108-1
Rochester, MN 55901
Email:  Jeff.Lien@wdc.com
Office: +1-507-322-2416

* Re: NVMe CLI Version Tag
@ 2020-10-20 17:50 ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2020-10-20 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey Lien; +Cc: Keith Busch, Sean Brownlow, Randall Bates, linux-nvme

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 03:52:25PM +0000, Jeffrey Lien wrote:
> Keith,
> I'd like to request that the nvme cli version be updated to 1.13 and
> then tagged.   It's been 4 months since it was last changed and
> tagged.

FWIW, I would also appreciate to have a fresh release of nvme-cli.

Thanks,
Daniel

* Re: NVMe CLI Version Tag
@ 2020-10-20 17:56   ` Keith Busch
From: Keith Busch @ 2020-10-20 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Wagner; +Cc: Sean Brownlow, Randall Bates, linux-nvme, Jeffrey Lien

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 07:50:17PM +0200, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 03:52:25PM +0000, Jeffrey Lien wrote:
> > I'd like to request that the nvme cli version be updated to 1.13 and
> > then tagged.   It's been 4 months since it was last changed and
> > tagged.
>
> FWIW, I would also appreciate to have a fresh release of nvme-cli.

Sure thing, I'll just run it through some sanity tests this afternoon
and set a new tag this evening if everything checks out.

* Re: NVMe CLI Version Tag
@ 2020-10-20 23:54     ` Keith Busch
From: Keith Busch @ 2020-10-20 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Wagner; +Cc: Sean Brownlow, Randall Bates, linux-nvme, Jeffrey Lien

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 10:56:44AM -0700, Keith Busch wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 07:50:17PM +0200, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 03:52:25PM +0000, Jeffrey Lien wrote:
> > > I'd like to request that the nvme cli version be updated to 1.13 and
> > > then tagged.   It's been 4 months since it was last changed and
> > > tagged.
> >
> > FWIW, I would also appreciate to have a fresh release of nvme-cli.
>
> Sure thing, I'll just run it through some sanity tests this afternoon
> and set a new tag this evening if everything checks out.

Looks okay on my end, so v1.13 tagged and pushed. I didn't pull any of
the pending requests like I usually do for this release as that
inevitably leads to breakage right before a release. I'll start pulling
new stuff in now that this is hopefully a good stable point with ZNS
support and all the other recent goodies.

* Re: NVMe CLI Version Tag
@ 2020-10-23  9:02       ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2020-10-23  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Busch; +Cc: Sean Brownlow, Randall Bates, linux-nvme, Jeffrey Lien

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 04:54:54PM -0700, Keith Busch wrote:
> Looks okay on my end, so v1.13 tagged and pushed. I didn't pull any of
> the pending requests like I usually do for this release as that
> inevitably leads to breakage right before a release. I'll start pulling
> new stuff in now that this is hopefully a good stable point with ZNS
> support and all the other recent goodies.

Excellent! Many thanks!
Daniel