On Wed, 2020-04-29 at 05:20 +0000, Williams, Dan J wrote: > The *patch* is not trying to overrule NVME, and the best I can say is > that the Intel Linux team was not in the loop when this was being > decided between the platform BIOS implemenation and whomever thought > they could just publish random ACPI properties that impacted NVME > operation [1]. > > So now David is trying to get these platform unbroken because they are > already shipping with this b0rkage. This is what we have WARN_TAINT() for though, right? It can suitably warn users when such breakage is detected in the platform.