Hi! > > > Looks like we're blocking on this input patch. > > > > > > On 16/06/2020 12:50, Pavel Machek wrote: > > > > On Fri 2020-06-12 14:53:58, Merlijn Wajer wrote: > > > >> This event code represents the state of a removable cover of a device. > > > >> Value 0 means that the cover is open or removed, value 1 means that the > > > >> cover is closed. > > > >> > > > >> Reviewed-by: Sebastian Reichel Acked-by: Tony Lindgren > > > >> Signed-off-by: Merlijn Wajer --- > > > > > > > > Dmitry, can we get some kind of comment here, or better yet can we get you to apply this? > > > > > > This is part of a patch series to resolve problems with the Nokia N900 > > > not booting when the cover is removed (making the cover be the card > > > detect was also just weird IMHO). Just removing the card-detect from the > > > DTS is fine, but it was suggested that we expose the data instead as > > > input event. And that's gotten no response for about four months. > > > > > > Should we just drop the feature and only remove the cd-gpios line from > > > the DTS, assuming upstream doesn't want this SW_MACHINE_COVER code? > > > > I believe series is good, lets keep it. Changing now will only delay > > it a bit more. Let me try to get Dmitry's attention... > > > > If that does not work, we can get Linus' attention :-). > > > > If that does not work, umm, there are some other options. > > Sorry, am really swamped the last couple months. I can pick up the input > code, do you want me to pick up DTS as well? No problem, sorry for being pushy. If you could pick up just the input one-liner, that would be best. It is not risky. OMAP people will take care of the DTS, I believe, and we can iterate if it does not work at the first try. Best regards, Pavel -- DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany