Hi, On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 08:45:54AM +0300, Tony Lindgren wrote: > * Dmitry Torokhov [221004 21:26]: > > The LCD driver (panel-sony-acx565akm), when probing, starts with line > > driven low, and then toggles it to high and keeps it there. Also, the > > line is driven low when powering off the device, and ls released when > > powering it back on. This means that the reset line should be described > > as "active low" in DTS. This will be important when the driver is > > converted to gpiod API which respects the polarity declared in DTS. > > We should ensure these patches get merged together with the driver > change to avoid breaking LCD for booting. Probably no need to have > the driver quirk handling for inverted polartity in this case. > > It's probably easiest to have an immutable branch for the driver > changes I can base the dts changes on. Or I can ack the dts changes > if they get merged with the driver. Both drivers are already using gpiod API: drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-sony-acx565akm.c drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-dsi-cm.c So this just breaks things. -- Sebastian