linux-parisc.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Do we have a buildd problem?
@ 2019-07-30 19:12 James Bottomley
From: James Bottomley @ 2019-07-30 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Parisc List

Our ports archive is out of date.  I'm getting this problem trying to
apt-get upgrade:

 git : Depends: git-man (< 1:2.22.0-.) but 1:2.23.0~rc0-1 is to be installed

The issue seems to be that our hppa version of git is

http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-hppa/main/g/git/git_2.22.0-1_hppa.deb

But the arch indep pool version of git-man is

http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool/main/g/git/git-man_2.23.0~rc0-1_all.deb

Indicating our binaries are out of sync.  However, when I look at the
buildd status:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=git&suite=sid

It thinks the hppa version 2.23.0~rc0-1 built successfully, it's just
not in the ports directory for some reason?

James

* Re: Do we have a buildd problem?
@ 2019-07-30 20:16 ` Helge Deller
From: Helge Deller @ 2019-07-30 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Bottomley, Parisc List

On 30.07.19 21:12, James Bottomley wrote:
> Our ports archive is out of date.  I'm getting this problem trying to
> apt-get upgrade:

>   git : Depends: git-man (< 1:2.22.0-.) but 1:2.23.0~rc0-1 is to be installed
>
> The issue seems to be that our hppa version of git is
>
> http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-hppa/main/g/git/git_2.22.0-1_hppa.deb
>
> But the arch indep pool version of git-man is
>
> http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool/main/g/git/git-man_2.23.0~rc0-1_all.deb
>
> Indicating our binaries are out of sync.  However, when I look at the
> buildd status:
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=git&suite=sid
>
> It thinks the hppa version 2.23.0~rc0-1 built successfully, it's just
> not in the ports directory for some reason?

Works for me.

The following additional packages will be installed:
   git-man
Suggested packages:
   git-daemon-run | git-daemon-sysvinit git-doc git-el git-email git-gui gitk gitweb git-cvs git-mediawiki git-svn
   git git-man
2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.
Need to get 7.161 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1.199 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unstable/main hppa git-man all 1:2.23.0~rc0-1 [1.675 kB]
Get:2 http://incoming.ports.debian.org/buildd unstable/main hppa git hppa 1:2.23.0~rc0-1 [5.486 kB]

It takes up to 6 hours until the git package gets moved to the standard ports repository.
You can (temporarily) work around it by adding
   deb http://incoming.ports.debian.org/buildd unstable main
to /etc/apt/sources.list

Helge