Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2022, 11:04:33 CEST schrieb Helge Deller: > On 9/14/22 08:43, Rolf Eike Beer wrote: > > Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2022, 08:18:19 CEST schrieb Helge Deller: > >> On 9/14/22 08:04, Li zeming wrote: > Yes, your proposal is good. > Anyone want to send a patch (with a small comment that kcalloc() will return > at least the required 8-byte alignment)? Done. > > And these functions end up propagating an allocation error in this file > > and it will never reach kernel/setup.c, which seems bad. > > That part I don't understand. > The return value of iosapic_alloc_irt() is checked afterwards, but you > probably meant something else? > > > But I guess the only point where this really can go wrong if the PDC > > returns an absurdly large number of entries. What I meant was that if iosapic_alloc_irt() fails, then iosapic_load_irt() will return 0, which can either be "nothing to do" or "error". iosapic_init() is void, so even if it could detect the failure, it can't report it upwards to parisc_init(). Which is the same for basically all other *_init() calls in there. Eike