Linux-PCI Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Yicong Yang <yangyicong@hisilicon.com>
To: <linux-pci@vger.kernel.org>, <helgaas@kernel.org>,
	<keith.busch@intel.com>
Subject: [Query]: PCIe Root Port Error Recovery
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 11:31:59 +0800

hello,

I found that the root port itself is not handled in pcie_do_recovery() function
and I noticed the commit(bfcb79f) in reset_link(), err.c writes:
"If a Downstream Port (including a Root Port) reports an error, we assume the Port itself is reliable and we need to
reset its downstream link"

Is it real that the root port is always reliable and
How to recover the root ports if it do meet some errors?

Many thanks,
Yang