linux-pci.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [Query]: PCIe Root Port Error Recovery
@ 2019-11-11  3:31 Yicong Yang
From: Yicong Yang @ 2019-11-11  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pci, helgaas, keith.busch

hello,

I found that the root port itself is not handled in pcie_do_recovery() function
and I noticed the commit(bfcb79f) in reset_link(), err.c writes:
"If a Downstream Port (including a Root Port) reports an error, we assume the Port itself is reliable and we need to
reset its downstream link"

Is it real that the root port is always reliable and
How to recover the root ports if it do meet some errors?

Many thanks,
Yang