linux-pci.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@google.com>
To: leonid <leonid@extricom.com>
Cc: linux-pci@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: p4080DS board and myri10gi
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 07:04:32 -0700	[thread overview]

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 1:42 AM, leonid <leonid@extricom.com> wrote:
> Hi
> This is my first mail in this group , so I hope this is the right place for
> it.
>
> I am testing myri10ge pci-e (10G ethernet card) on p4080 evaluation board.
> using kernel 2.6.34.6
> when I am trying to insert myri10ge kernel module, I getting :
> "myri10ge: Version 1.5.2-1.459
> myri10ge 0001:03:00.0: invalid sram_size -33B or board span 16777216B "
>
> it is looks like sram_size value is garbage read from the device .
>
> any idea ?
>
> reference:
> myri10ge - https://www.myricom.com
> p4080ds -
> http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=P4080DS

This list is primarily concerned with issues in the Linux PCI core,
not directly with drivers.

It looks like the device has a 16MB BAR and the driver ioremapped it
successfully.  After that, the PCI core is pretty much out of the way.

The driver has this email address at the top: <help@myri.com>; maybe
they'd have some ideas.

Bjorn