On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 18:02:55 +0100 Mark Brown wrote: > On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 06:27:43PM +0200, Andreas Kemnade wrote: > > > Citing tps65950 trm page 55: > > > The device contains three switch-mode power supplies (SMPS): > > • VDD1: 1.2-A, buck DC/DC converter (VOUT = 0.6 V to 1.45 V, in steps of 12.5 mV) > > • VDD2: 600-mA buck DC/DC converter (VOUT = 0.6 V to 1.45 V, in steps of 12.5 mV, and 1.5 V as a > > single programmable value) > > > you are right, they are not really continuous. So should I add these > > 68 steps they have as a voltage list? > > There's helpers for linear mappings, you should be able to use those > (see helpers.c). > ok, I will send a 2 with such a list. Thanks for the hint. > > I think they are nearly continuous, so we should IMHO rather take that > > not that strict. I guess there are no really continuous regulators, all > > have steps as voltage is specified in a limited resolution. So what is > > the exact meaning of that flag here? > > This was added for devices with extremely high resolution interfaces > like some microcontroller interfaces that take voltage values directly > (mirroring the regulator API) or PWM regulators - it's for cases where > enumerating all the voltages is unreasonable. The TWL4030 regulators > look fairly standard in comparison. well, VDD1 is a lot more continuous than e.g. VAUX3, but your examples seem to be even more continuous. But maybe a comment in the api documentation might be helpful so that people do not misinterpret the meaning. Regards, Andreas