Hi! > > What is status of OLPC-1.75 in v5.3? IIRC most of the patches went in, > > but I don't see suitable dts file in the tree. I tried porting one > > from working (4.19 or so) kernel, but it was not quite trivial. > > > > Is there time for dts to be merged? > > Short answer is that it's not absolutely necessary. With a new enough > OpenFirmware, the firmware will just construct a correct FDT. > To upgrade your machine to the new firmware, just copy > http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/q4e00ja.rom to a FAT partition on a USB > flash stick and run "flash u:\q4e00ja.rom" from the "ok" prompt. > Then you'll be able to run stock mainline kernels happily. Aha, good, thanks. That went smoothly. > That said, it might still be useful to have a DTS file in tree (for > reference, testing, machines with older firmware, etc.). I've now re- > sent the MMP2 devicetree update patch set with the DTS file included > and copied you on that one. Yes: sometimes it is neccessary to modify the dts. I was changing the kernel command line, for example. > As usual, I'm thankful for testing, reviews and acks. I'll take a look. I tried 5.2 with defconfig from one of the branches (olpc_xo175_defconfig), and that does not boot. What config should I use? Is it enough to produce zImage and put it on the flashdisk with olpc.fth file? Is there some kind of documentation somewhere? :-). Thanks and best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html