Hi, On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 04:04:25PM -0700, Jonathan Bakker wrote: > Charger-manager is a virtual driver for unifying chargers, fuel gauges, > extcon devices, and a thermal device into a battery management system. > > Unfortunately, it has been broken since commit 830ae442202e ("extcon: > Remove the deprecated extcon functions") when the extcon internal API > was changed but some drivers were not updated. Additionally, it had > some race conditions and was unnecessarily complex. > > A number of these patches come from a Tizen git tree(1); they have been > rebased and the commit messages cleaned up. > > These changes have been tested on a couple of first-gen Galaxy S devices > based on s5pv210 with a modified max8998 driver so that a charger > regulator is exposed. In addition to the max8998, this hardware has > a max17040 fuel gauge, fsa9480 extcon, and a generic thermal resistor > for temperature sensing. > > 1) https://git.tizen.org/cgit/platform/kernel/linux-exynos/log/drivers/power/charger-manager.c?h=tizen_5.0 Thanks, queued. I hope this does not trigger more people to use it. We really need a proper core feature for this. -- Sebastian