linux-pm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: Dynamic power management
       [not found] <BMXPR01MB2870D9D1E222FFF4BE1FC3C1EE229@BMXPR01MB2870.INDPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
@ 2021-05-31  6:42 ` Viresh Kumar
       [not found] ` <BMXPR01MB28706C00AA1203BFC31E56B7EE3F9@BMXPR01MB2870.INDPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
From: Viresh Kumar @ 2021-05-31  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Vinodrao Joshi; +Cc: linux-pm

On 28-05-21, 10:17, Pankaj  Vinodrao Joshi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working with the new architecture which is new in the market and is not
> fully mature with respect to the dynamic PM. I believe following are the
> frameworks available with dynamic power management but currently i am using
> cpufreq framework only

It isn't all about architectures but the eventual platforms as well and if they
need these parts.

> CPUfreq, Devfreq

This is for scaling the frequency of the devices, like CPUs, GPUs, etc. If you
want/need that or not is for you to decide.

> OPP

This is only a way of passing the valid frequency-voltage pairs to the other
frameworks via device tree, like cpufreq. Again if you need to use them.

> Genpd

This is an important part for runtime PM, this enables disables power to various
parts of the platform/SoC (or group of IPs). You need to have this kind of
architecture and registers to enable/disable power to certain parts of the SoC.

> Runtime PM

This eventually enables/disables genpd/regulators/clocks only, need driver
specific hooks.

> Clocks

This is for enabling/disabling clock to IPs.

> Regulators

to control voltage regulators, change their levels and enable/disable them.

> Can someone guide me if i want support for all above framework what and all
> support i should have ? What is SoC side and kernel side dependency implement
> above frameworks?? Kindly help.

Just look at them one by one, you will see plenty of examples of platforms doing
it. There may not be a lot of architecure specific stuff here, but platform
specific.

--
viresh

* Re: Dynamic power management
       [not found]     ` <BMXPR01MB2870C33B5B7A146A35A654B0EE3F9@BMXPR01MB2870.INDPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
@ 2021-05-31  7:00       ` Viresh Kumar
From: Viresh Kumar @ 2021-05-31  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Vinodrao Joshi; +Cc: linux-pm

Are bhai, you need to register on the below link. I just gave it to you..

http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html

Go here, search for linux-pm, click on subscribe, enter your details

--
viresh