Linux-PM Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: "Hernandez Lopez, Fabiola" <fabiola.hernandez.lopez@intel.com>
To: "linux-pm@vger.kernel.org" <linux-pm@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Frequency not returning to fixed value after AVX workload
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 17:45:55 +0000

Hi,

We are seeing an unexpected behavior after applying AVX workloads.
After setting the CPU frequency to a fixed value with CPU Freq - userspace governor and applying heavy AVX workloads, the CPU frequency is decreased (as expected) but it never returns to the previously established value. This does not happen on all cores, only on a single core. The only way to return to the desired frequency is by setting it through the command line again.

We are wondering how can this change in frequency happen.

Thanks,

Fabiola