Hi Amit, On Thu, 2019-07-04 at 08:20 +0530, Amit Kucheria wrote: > Hi Srinivas, > > On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 2:15 AM Pandruvada, Srinivas > wrote: > > > > Hi Amit, > > On Mon, 2019-06-24 at 19:22 +0530, Amit Kucheria wrote: > > > Hi all, > > > > > > We've proposed a thermal microconf at LPC again this year. I've > > > bcc'ed > > > a few people who were interested last year. We already have the > > > following topics listed for the proposal but could certainly use > > > more > > > topics especially from the non-mobile Linux community. > > > > > > > > > Thermal/Power mitigation on high powered laptops > > > > Some of the high powered laptops released with KabyLake and later > > generations of processors can reach more than 50W with some busy > > workloads like kernel compilation. This results in CPU temperature > > to > > quickly reach close to the critical temperature. To avoid this > > OEM’s > > have used a very conservative power limits by default. But this > > results in a bad performance on Linux laptops compared to other > > operating systems. We have implemented a solution for Linux to > > mitigate > > this. This quick presentation will show the approach Linux users > > particularly kernel developers can use to get a very high > > performance > > from these laptops. > > > > This should be a quick 5-10 min talk. > > Thanks for the submission. Is this supposed to be a discussion or > only > a presentation? One slide to show power/thermal graph. Thanks, Srinivas > > In any case, Rafael and Eduardo are now triaging the list of talks as > MC leads. > > Regards, > Amit