Hi Amit, On Mon, 2019-06-24 at 19:22 +0530, Amit Kucheria wrote: > Hi all, > > We've proposed a thermal microconf at LPC again this year. I've > bcc'ed > a few people who were interested last year. We already have the > following topics listed for the proposal but could certainly use more > topics especially from the non-mobile Linux community. > Thermal/Power mitigation on high powered laptops Some of the high powered laptops released with KabyLake and later generations of processors can reach more than 50W with some busy workloads like kernel compilation. This results in CPU temperature to quickly reach close to the critical temperature. To avoid this OEM’s have used a very conservative power limits by default. But this results in a bad performance on Linux laptops compared to other operating systems. We have implemented a solution for Linux to mitigate this. This quick presentation will show the approach Linux users particularly kernel developers can use to get a very high performance from these laptops. This should be a quick 5-10 min talk. Thanks, Srinivas > - Samsung: Thermal aware scheduling (Lukasz Luba) > - Linaro: Combining idle and freq change for cpu cooling (Daniel > Lezcano) > - ARM: Discriminating thermal throttling (Volker Eckert) > - IBM: Sustain turbo mode (Parth Shah) > - QCOM/Linaro: Make thermal framework easier to use in products (Amit > Kucheria) > > Please help bring this to the attention of those who might be > interested in talking about thermal-related problems at the > conference. > > Thanks. > > Regards, > Amit Kucheria & Daniel Lezcano