linux-pm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Morten Rasmussen <morten.rasmussen@arm.com>
To: "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rafael@kernel.org>
Cc: Linux PM <linux-pm@vger.kernel.org>,
	Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@linaro.org>,
	Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano@linaro.org>,
	Srinivas Pandruvada <srinivas.pandruvada@linux.intel.com>,
	"Zhang, Rui" <rui.zhang@intel.com>,
	Lukasz Luba <lukasz.luba@arm.com>,
	Sudeep Holla <sudeep.holla@arm.com>,
	Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@linaro.org>,
	Mario Limonciello <mario.limonciello@amd.com>
Subject: Re: [CfP] Power Management and Thermal Control MC (LPC2023)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 12:16:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for organizing the micro-conference at LPC again this year.

On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 07:12:39PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm going to submit a Power Management and Thermal Control
> micro-conference proposal for LPC2023 along the lines of what happened
> in the previous iterations of it.
>
> If you have topics that you'd like to be discussed there, please let
> me know by Friday, May 26.
>
> Please note that LPC MC topics are expected to cover work in progress
> or at the concept stage.  They are not supposed to be about work that
> has been done already.

A late proposal, if the agenda isn't already full, is to discuss the
deeper implications of uclamp in CFS relating to fairness, latency, and
energy savings. uclamp is being adopted in the Android community for
controlling performance/energy savings but alignment with upstream is
lacking behind.

"uclamp in CFS: Fairness, latency, and energy efficiency."

Thanks,
Morten