Hi, I found that some PPPoE BMS do not emit IPCP echo responses if there is also traffic. Since I have a static IPv4/v6, and there is DNS requests and script kiddies, there is *ALWAYS* half a megabit/s of traffic, which is probably atypical for many residential users who get random IPs. I.e. they have some sort of "lcp-echo-adaptive" going on, but not in a good way. I had to force lcp-echo-interval to 0, which was a bit difficult to get right in the OpenWRT UI. I had tried to increase echo-failure to 30, but that didn't help consistently. The other problem is that Bell Canada only answers PADI's once every five minutes. It's total BS. Modem Hangup would normally be because the DCD signal went down, but on PPPoE, that can't happen, I think. I did see that when LCP failed, but I also had debugging that told me it had failed. maybe that's just off for you. -- ] Never tell me the odds! | ipv6 mesh networks [ ] Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works | IoT architect [ ] mcr@sandelman.ca http://www.sandelman.ca/ | ruby on rails [