Sagar Acharya wrote: > So are you saying pppd does not support udp or does it? Thanking you > Sagar Acharya https://humaaraartha.in/selfdost/selfdost.html You didn't understand the answer because you didn't actually ask a sensible question. PPP is a "layer-2" UDP is a "layer-4" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/internet-core-protocols/1565925726/ch01s02s02.html There are situations where one might encapsulate PPP packets into UDP packets. This usually happens in back-hauls of ISP/DSL networks using L2TP. But, that's not a typical situation for an end-user. Myself and many others have built commercial BRAS using pppd, and there is even support in the Linux kernel for efficient encap/decap of L2TP/PPP packets. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadband_remote_access_server >> pppd works at IP layer. All IP protocols not dependent on broadcast >> capabilities should work. >> >> On 05-10-2023 23:30, Sagar Acharya wrote: >> >>> Does pppd support udp? I am able to access tcp but not udp with pppd. >>> Thanking you Sagar Acharya >>> https://humaaraartha.in/selfdost/selfdost.html >>> >>> Kindly cc me as I am not subscribed. >>>