Goran wrote: > I've tried something like this > ip netns add physical > ip link set enp5s0f0 netns physical > ip netns exec physical pppd call my-isp > pppd starts, I can see it in the process-list, but no ppp0 device is created. > Is there a solution? I assume that you read the log and you can see it connect successfully? I was just thinking if one could test this by creating a ppp device manually with ip link add, but I thnk we can only create one with an ioctl(). And you looked within that netns for the ppp interface?? (I'd expect it to show up inside) I also want to do what you just described. -- ] Never tell me the odds! | ipv6 mesh networks [ ] Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works | network architect [ ] mcr@sandelman.ca http://www.sandelman.ca/ | ruby on rails [