linux-pwm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* adding linux-pwm archives to lore.kernel.org?
@ 2020-02-13 10:26 ` Uwe Kleine-König
From: Uwe Kleine-König @ 2020-02-13 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Reding; +Cc: linux-pwm

Hello Thierry,

I consider the archives on lore.kernel.org very useful and would like to
see the linux-pwm list archived there, too.

Assuming you agree (or at least don't disagree) we'd need to follow
https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore. Therefor we need an archive
of the already sent mails. My personal archive only goes back to Oct
2018, so I guess I'm not in the best position to provide it. But I can
nevertheless care for the buerocratics and start with my archive given
that I get some support from someone with a more complete archive.

What do you think?

Best regards
Uwe

Industrial Linux Solutions                 | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |

* Re: adding linux-pwm archives to lore.kernel.org?
@ 2020-05-23 17:05   ` Uwe Kleine-König
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Uwe Kleine-König @ 2020-05-23 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: helpdesk; +Cc: linux-pwm, Thierry Reding

Hello Konstantin,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:26:18AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> I consider the archives on lore.kernel.org very useful and would like to
> see the linux-pwm list archived there, too.
>
> Assuming you agree (or at least don't disagree) we'd need to follow
> https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore. Therefor we need an archive
> of the already sent mails. My personal archive only goes back to Oct
> 2018, so I guess I'm not in the best position to provide it. But I can
> nevertheless care for the buerocratics and start with my archive given
> that I get some support from someone with a more complete archive.
>
> What do you think?

I didn't get feedback from Thierry (= linux-pwm maintainer) but I still
think adding linux-pwm to kernel.org's public-inbox instance is
valuable. (And if it's only to experiment with b4.)

Given that there is an archive on spinics.net, do you know who to
contact there to ask for a copy to fill lore with it?

Can you please do the necessary preparations to get linux-pwm added to
lore?

@ 2020-05-25  8:54     ` Thierry Reding
       [not found]     ` <0101017398e048cb-4976944a-cc5c-4183-a073-1bf01692ec77-000000@us-west-2.amazonses.com>
From: Thierry Reding @ 2020-05-25  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Kleine-König; +Cc: helpdesk, linux-pwm

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 07:05:58PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> Hello Konstantin,
>
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:26:18AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > I consider the archives on lore.kernel.org very useful and would like to
> > see the linux-pwm list archived there, too.
> >
> > Assuming you agree (or at least don't disagree) we'd need to follow
> > https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore. Therefor we need an archive
> > of the already sent mails. My personal archive only goes back to Oct
> > 2018, so I guess I'm not in the best position to provide it. But I can
> > nevertheless care for the buerocratics and start with my archive given
> > that I get some support from someone with a more complete archive.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I didn't get feedback from Thierry (= linux-pwm maintainer) but I still
> think adding linux-pwm to kernel.org's public-inbox instance is
> valuable. (And if it's only to experiment with b4.)

Sorry, I recall reading this and thinking it was a good idea, but then
must've gotten side-tracked.

> Given that there is an archive on spinics.net, do you know who to
> contact there to ask for a copy to fill lore with it?

My Gmail has archives going back as far as 2013, which is around the
time that I started maintaining PWM. I'll follow the steps in the
documentation to prepare an archive.

Thierry

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* [Kernel.org Helpdesk #89942] [linuxfoundation.org #89942] Re: adding linux-pwm archives to lore.kernel.org?
@ 2020-05-25  8:54       ` thierry.reding@gmail.com via RT
From: thierry.reding@gmail.com via RT @ 2020-05-25  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u.kleine-koenig; +Cc: linux-pwm

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 07:05:58PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> Hello Konstantin,
>
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:26:18AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > I consider the archives on lore.kernel.org very useful and would like to
> > see the linux-pwm list archived there, too.
> >
> > Assuming you agree (or at least don't disagree) we'd need to follow
> > https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore. Therefor we need an archive
> > of the already sent mails. My personal archive only goes back to Oct
> > 2018, so I guess I'm not in the best position to provide it. But I can
> > nevertheless care for the buerocratics and start with my archive given
> > that I get some support from someone with a more complete archive.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I didn't get feedback from Thierry (= linux-pwm maintainer) but I still
> think adding linux-pwm to kernel.org's public-inbox instance is
> valuable. (And if it's only to experiment with b4.)

Sorry, I recall reading this and thinking it was a good idea, but then
must've gotten side-tracked.

> Given that there is an archive on spinics.net, do you know who to
> contact there to ask for a copy to fill lore with it?

My Gmail has archives going back as far as 2013, which is around the
time that I started maintaining PWM. I'll follow the steps in the
documentation to prepare an archive.

Thierry

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/x-rt-original-message, Size: 6552 bytes --]

* Re: adding linux-pwm archives to lore.kernel.org?
@ 2020-06-13 14:15     ` Uwe Kleine-König
       [not found]     ` <0101017398e048cb-4976944a-cc5c-4183-a073-1bf01692ec77-000000@us-west-2.amazonses.com>
From: Uwe Kleine-König @ 2020-06-13 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: helpdesk; +Cc: linux-pwm, Thierry Reding

Hello,

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 07:05:58PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:26:18AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > I consider the archives on lore.kernel.org very useful and would like to
> > see the linux-pwm list archived there, too.
> >
> > Assuming you agree (or at least don't disagree) we'd need to follow
> > https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore. Therefor we need an archive
> > of the already sent mails. My personal archive only goes back to Oct
> > 2018, so I guess I'm not in the best position to provide it. But I can
> > nevertheless care for the buerocratics and start with my archive given
> > that I get some support from someone with a more complete archive.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I didn't get feedback from Thierry (= linux-pwm maintainer) but I still
> think adding linux-pwm to kernel.org's public-inbox instance is
> valuable. (And if it's only to experiment with b4.)

In the meantime Thierry said to support the idea to get the linux-pwm
list archived on lore.kernel.org and also provide his archive for the
initial population.

I assume you're OK in principle to archive linux-pwm and it's "just" a
matter of lacking time to work on getting this list up and running on
lore.k.o? Is there anything we can do to simplify the things for you?

Best reagards

@ 2020-06-13 14:15       ` Uwe Kleine-König via RT
From: Uwe Kleine-König via RT @ 2020-06-13 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: linux-pwm, thierry.reding

Hello,

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 07:05:58PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:26:18AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > I consider the archives on lore.kernel.org very useful and would like to
> > see the linux-pwm list archived there, too.
> >
> > Assuming you agree (or at least don't disagree) we'd need to follow
> > https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore. Therefor we need an archive
> > of the already sent mails. My personal archive only goes back to Oct
> > 2018, so I guess I'm not in the best position to provide it. But I can
> > nevertheless care for the buerocratics and start with my archive given
> > that I get some support from someone with a more complete archive.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I didn't get feedback from Thierry (= linux-pwm maintainer) but I still
> think adding linux-pwm to kernel.org's public-inbox instance is
> valuable. (And if it's only to experiment with b4.)

In the meantime Thierry said to support the idea to get the linux-pwm
list archived on lore.kernel.org and also provide his archive for the
initial population.

I assume you're OK in principle to archive linux-pwm and it's "just" a
matter of lacking time to work on getting this list up and running on
lore.k.o? Is there anything we can do to simplify the things for you?

Best reagards
Uwe

Industrial Linux Solutions                 | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/x-rt-original-message, Size: 4699 bytes --]

* Re: adding linux-pwm archives to lore.kernel.org?
@ 2020-07-09  9:26       ` Uwe Kleine-König
       [not found]         ` <rt-4.4.0-1686-1594286826-1167.89942-6-0@linuxfoundation>
From: Uwe Kleine-König @ 2020-07-09  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: helpdesk; +Cc: linux-pwm, Thierry Reding

Hello Konstantin(?),

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 04:15:33PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 07:05:58PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:26:18AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > > I consider the archives on lore.kernel.org very useful and would like to
> > > see the linux-pwm list archived there, too.
> > >
> > > Assuming you agree (or at least don't disagree) we'd need to follow
> > > https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore. Therefor we need an archive
> > > of the already sent mails. My personal archive only goes back to Oct
> > > 2018, so I guess I'm not in the best position to provide it. But I can
> > > nevertheless care for the buerocratics and start with my archive given
> > > that I get some support from someone with a more complete archive.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > I didn't get feedback from Thierry (= linux-pwm maintainer) but I still
> > think adding linux-pwm to kernel.org's public-inbox instance is
> > valuable. (And if it's only to experiment with b4.)
>
> In the meantime Thierry said to support the idea to get the linux-pwm
> list archived on lore.kernel.org and also provide his archive for the
> initial population.
>
> I assume you're OK in principle to archive linux-pwm and it's "just" a
> matter of lacking time to work on getting this list up and running on
> lore.k.o? Is there anything we can do to simplify the things for you?

Do you get my mail? Is there some problem with the request, or is it
just -ENOTIME on your end? Would it help to already initialize a public
inbox v2 repository?

@ 2020-07-09  9:27         ` Uwe Kleine-König via RT
       [not found]         ` <rt-4.4.0-1686-1594286826-1167.89942-6-0@linuxfoundation>
From: Uwe Kleine-König via RT @ 2020-07-09  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: linux-pwm, thierry.reding

Hello Konstantin(?),

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 04:15:33PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 07:05:58PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:26:18AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > > I consider the archives on lore.kernel.org very useful and would like to
> > > see the linux-pwm list archived there, too.
> > >
> > > Assuming you agree (or at least don't disagree) we'd need to follow
> > > https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore. Therefor we need an archive
> > > of the already sent mails. My personal archive only goes back to Oct
> > > 2018, so I guess I'm not in the best position to provide it. But I can
> > > nevertheless care for the buerocratics and start with my archive given
> > > that I get some support from someone with a more complete archive.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > I didn't get feedback from Thierry (= linux-pwm maintainer) but I still
> > think adding linux-pwm to kernel.org's public-inbox instance is
> > valuable. (And if it's only to experiment with b4.)
>
> In the meantime Thierry said to support the idea to get the linux-pwm
> list archived on lore.kernel.org and also provide his archive for the
> initial population.
>
> I assume you're OK in principle to archive linux-pwm and it's "just" a
> matter of lacking time to work on getting this list up and running on
> lore.k.o? Is there anything we can do to simplify the things for you?

Do you get my mail? Is there some problem with the request, or is it
just -ENOTIME on your end? Would it help to already initialize a public
inbox v2 repository?

Best regards
Uwe

Industrial Linux Solutions                 | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/x-rt-original-message, Size: 5066 bytes --]

* [Kernel.org Helpdesk #89942] Re: adding linux-pwm archives to lore.kernel.org?
       [not found]         ` <rt-4.4.0-1686-1594286826-1167.89942-6-0@linuxfoundation>
@ 2020-07-14 21:27           ` Konstantin Ryabitsev via RT
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev via RT @ 2020-07-14 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u.kleine-koenig; +Cc: linux-pwm, thierry.reding

On 2020-07-09 05:27:06, u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de wrote:
> Hello Konstantin(?),

I'm sorry, apparently I screwed up and didn't assign this ticket to anyone when it came in. I was dutifully ignoring follow-ups, as I'd assumed someone else would be responding.

Chris, I've properly assigned it to you now -- can you please prioritise this request, as time allows?

Sorry again!

-K

* Re: [Kernel.org Helpdesk #89942] Re: adding linux-pwm archives to lore.kernel.org?
@ 2020-07-23 17:27             ` Uwe Kleine-König
       [not found]               ` <010101737cb6d988-bb70d517-bbf8-44b0-aa3d-4f9eed9101f3-000000@us-west-2.amazonses.com>
From: Uwe Kleine-König @ 2020-07-23 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev via RT; +Cc: linux-pwm, thierry.reding

Hello,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 09:27:14PM +0000, Konstantin Ryabitsev via RT wrote:
> On 2020-07-09 05:27:06, u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de wrote:
> > Hello Konstantin(?),
>
> I'm sorry, apparently I screwed up and didn't assign this ticket to
> anyone when it came in. I was dutifully ignoring follow-ups, as I'd
> assumed someone else would be responding.
>
> Chris, I've properly assigned it to you now -- can you please
> prioritise this request, as time allows?

Last week I thought this is a no-brainer now and will be done in a few
hours. It seems I was wrong :-|

@ 2020-07-23 17:27               ` Uwe Kleine-König via RT
       [not found]               ` <010101737cb6d988-bb70d517-bbf8-44b0-aa3d-4f9eed9101f3-000000@us-west-2.amazonses.com>
From: Uwe Kleine-König via RT @ 2020-07-23 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: linux-pwm, thierry.reding

Hello,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 09:27:14PM +0000, Konstantin Ryabitsev via RT wrote:
> On 2020-07-09 05:27:06, u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de wrote:
> > Hello Konstantin(?),
>
> I'm sorry, apparently I screwed up and didn't assign this ticket to
> anyone when it came in. I was dutifully ignoring follow-ups, as I'd
> assumed someone else would be responding.
>
> Chris, I've properly assigned it to you now -- can you please
> prioritise this request, as time allows?

Last week I thought this is a no-brainer now and will be done in a few
hours. It seems I was wrong :-|

Best regards
Uwe

Industrial Linux Solutions                 | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/x-rt-original-message, Size: 3645 bytes --]

* Re: [Kernel.org Helpdesk #89942] Re: adding linux-pwm archives to lore.kernel.org?
       [not found]                 ` <20200723173841.4geg4blngc2fwp4z@chatter.i7.local>
@ 2020-07-23 17:38                   ` Konstantin Ryabitsev via RT
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev via RT @ 2020-07-23 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u.kleine-koenig; +Cc: linux-pwm, thierry.reding

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 05:27:04PM +0000, Uwe Kleine-König via RT wrote:
> > I'm sorry, apparently I screwed up and didn't assign this ticket to
> > anyone when it came in. I was dutifully ignoring follow-ups, as I'd
> > assumed someone else would be responding.
> >
> > Chris, I've properly assigned it to you now -- can you please
> > prioritise this request, as time allows?
>
> Last week I thought this is a no-brainer now and will be done in a few
> hours. It seems I was wrong :-|

I do appreciate your patience. There is a lot of other work happening at
the IT team, so your request for adding a mailing list archive has to
contend for staff resources with many other ongoing projects.

@ 2020-07-27  7:20                     ` Thierry Reding
From: Thierry Reding @ 2020-07-27  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev via RT; +Cc: u.kleine-koenig, linux-pwm

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 05:38:45PM +0000, Konstantin Ryabitsev via RT wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 05:27:04PM +0000, Uwe Kleine-König via RT wrote:
> > > I'm sorry, apparently I screwed up and didn't assign this ticket to
> > > anyone when it came in. I was dutifully ignoring follow-ups, as I'd
> > > assumed someone else would be responding.
> > >
> > > Chris, I've properly assigned it to you now -- can you please
> > > prioritise this request, as time allows?
> >
> > Last week I thought this is a no-brainer now and will be done in a few
> > hours. It seems I was wrong :-|
>
> I do appreciate your patience. There is a lot of other work happening at
> the IT team, so your request for adding a mailing list archive has to
> contend for staff resources with many other ongoing projects.

We've made do without the archive up to now, so I think we can wait a
bit longer. I think Uwe might just be worried that this fell through the
cracks again. If it didn't, I'm sure we can be patient for a bit longer.

Thierry

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [Kernel.org Helpdesk #89942] Re: adding linux-pwm archives to lore.kernel.org?
@ 2020-07-27  7:20                       ` thierry.reding@gmail.com via RT
From: thierry.reding@gmail.com via RT @ 2020-07-27  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u.kleine-koenig; +Cc: linux-pwm

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 05:38:45PM +0000, Konstantin Ryabitsev via RT wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 05:27:04PM +0000, Uwe Kleine-König via RT wrote:
> > > I'm sorry, apparently I screwed up and didn't assign this ticket to
> > > anyone when it came in. I was dutifully ignoring follow-ups, as I'd
> > > assumed someone else would be responding.
> > >
> > > Chris, I've properly assigned it to you now -- can you please
> > > prioritise this request, as time allows?
> >
> > Last week I thought this is a no-brainer now and will be done in a few
> > hours. It seems I was wrong :-|
>
> I do appreciate your patience. There is a lot of other work happening at
> the IT team, so your request for adding a mailing list archive has to
> contend for staff resources with many other ongoing projects.

We've made do without the archive up to now, so I think we can wait a
bit longer. I think Uwe might just be worried that this fell through the
cracks again. If it didn't, I'm sure we can be patient for a bit longer.

Thierry

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/x-rt-original-message, Size: 5990 bytes --]

* Re: [Kernel.org Helpdesk #89942] Re: adding linux-pwm archives to lore.kernel.org?
       [not found]       ` <20200729072459.c6gwkr224lcbmd7r@pengutronix.de>
@ 2020-07-29  7:25         ` Uwe Kleine-König via RT
From: Uwe Kleine-König via RT @ 2020-07-29  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: linux-pwm, thierry.reding