[stripping recipents as most probably won't be interested in this] Hello Thierry, On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 09:30:27AM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote: > On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 01:18:27AM +0200, Michael Walle wrote: > > + /* Polarity inversion is not supported */ > > + if (state->polarity != PWM_POLARITY_NORMAL) > > + return -EINVAL; > > Just a note to myself since this just occurred to me: in the legacy API > we used to have a ->set_polarity() callback that indicated whether or > not a controller supports inversion. Since that criterion can no longer > be used with the atomic API we may want to consider adding some sort of > capability flags so that these checks can be performed in the core. I'm not (yet?) convinced this is a good idea because these concepts are somewhat blurry. For example a controller that only supports normal polarity (probably) still can generate the wave corresponding to: .enabled = true, .polarity = PWM_POLARITY_INVERSED, .duty_cycle = 0, .period = 5000, and unless we refuse this request at the core level (should we?) the driver must be aware of .polarity anyhow. Ditto for .enabled = false. > Looks good to me. I assume Lee will want to merge this along with the > other changes through the MFD tree? If so: I'd like to have another go through the patch. Will do so (hopefully) later today. So please don't apply yet. Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |