Hello Guenter, On Sat, Aug 01, 2020 at 09:32:19AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote: > > If I understand correctly this surprising calling convention (output > > parameter is filled even though the function returned an error) is the > > old one that is to be fixed. > > Sorry, I don't get your point. This is the old convention, correct, > which we still want to support at this point. Plus, it matches the > current code, as surprosing as it may be. OK, so I understood correctly and everything is fine. Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |