Linux-Raid Archives on lore.kernel.org
From: antlists <antlists@youngman.org.uk>
To: Daniel Gnoutcheff <gnoutchd@softwarefreedom.org>,
	linux-raid@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: "attempt to access beyond end of device" when reshaping raid10 from near=2 to offset=2
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 00:59:56 +0000

On 27/01/2021 22:15, Daniel Gnoutcheff wrote:
> Greets,
>
> Whilst experimenting with array reshaping, I've found that if I create a
> near=2 raid10 like so:

I seem to remember this coming up very recently. And I also seem to
remember them coming up with fixes but I'm not sure if it's solved.

So if you search the archive you should find a recent thread and an
update should fix it properly soon.

Oh - and as for Stretch, old mdadm and Ubuntu are known to be, shall we
say, problematic when you reshape an array, so please try not to ... :-)

Cheers,
Wol