Linux-Raid Archives on lore.kernel.org
From: Daniel Gnoutcheff <gnoutchd@softwarefreedom.org>
To: antlists <antlists@youngman.org.uk>, linux-raid@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: "attempt to access beyond end of device" when reshaping raid10 from near=2 to offset=2
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 16:50:05 -0500

On 1/27/21 7:59 PM, antlists wrote:
> I seem to remember this coming up very recently. And I also seem to
> remember them coming up with fixes but I'm not sure if it's solved.
>
> So if you search the archive you should find a recent thread and an
> update should fix it properly soon.
>
> Oh - and as for Stretch, old mdadm and Ubuntu are known to be, shall we
> say, problematic when you reshape an array, so please try not to ... :-)

Thanks for warning me about reshapes on stretch.  I was in fact planning
some reshapes on a production stretch system.  I shall reconsider. :)

I would be curious to read the thread in which the raid10 layout reshape
issue has already been discussed, but I've not been able to find it.  I
tried 'raid10 reshape', 'raid10 layout reshape', 'raid layout reshape',
and 'reshape "attempt to access beyond end of device"' in the search box
at [1], and I've skimmed the subject lines for the last two month's
worth of messages, but I couldn't find anything applicable.  Are there
other terms I should try?

[1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/raid/

Many thanks,
--