Linux-RDMA Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Unable to register memory, ibv_reg_mr returning EACCESS
@ 2019-11-08  5:32 Vinit Agnihotri
From: Vinit Agnihotri @ 2019-11-08  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma

Hi,

we have a userspace server which would allow user to access files using
his/her own credentials via UID mapping.

while we are running server as root user, but to in order to honor posix
mappings, we use  setfsgid()/setfssid() before

accessing any file and restore them back to user access. However when we
try to ibv_reg_mr() EACCESS is returned.

We are ensuring to be root before we call to ibv_reg_mr(), yet it keeps
failing.

While going through libibverbs sources we realize EACCESS might be
returned by this call:

if (write(pd->context->cmd_fd, cmd, cmd_size) != cmd_size)
         return errno;

As we are ensuring that setfsgid()/setfssid() are set to root before we
call to ibv_reg_mr(), why EACCESS is still returned?

Since these calls are thread specific only why it should affect entire
process?

Can anyone provide any insight into this behavior?

Thanks & Regards,

Vinit.

only message in thread, back to index