On 07/16/2015 08:45 AM, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > Hi Doug, > > the point is that there is no driver that even set the is_switch > flag in-tree and I can't find a publicly available one elsewhere > either. Try looking on Mellanox.com for their source code. I know they use upstream linux kernels as the base for their switch OS and in their switch-X driver it should set this flag. However, this is a point that I don't really care about, but I inherited (and I know other people care about). This code has supported switches via out-of-tree drivers since as long as I know. That was an early decision that Roland made. Removing this code is more than just removing this code, it is reversing that decision. > So it's plain and simple dead code. I'll send a patch to kill this > untestable code off once I find a little spare time. > -- > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in > the body of a message to majordomo-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org > More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html > -- Doug Ledford GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD