linux-rdma.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Omar Navarro Leija <omarsa@seas.upenn.edu>
To: linux-rdma@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Incorrect Return Type for rdma_destroy_qp
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 13:30:54 -0400	[thread overview]

Hello!

The man page has rdma_destroy_qp as:

#include <rdma/rdma_cma.h>
void rdma_destroy_qp (struct rdma_cm_id *id);

Note the void return type. Yet the return value section states:

Return Value
Returns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will
be set to indicate the failure reason. Indeed the implementation is
written as:

void rdma_destroy_qp(struct rdma_cm_id *id)
{
ibv_destroy_qp(id->qp);
id->qp = NULL;
ucma_destroy_cqs(id);
}

I believe  rdma_destroy_qp should return an int which propagates the
return value of calling ibv_destroy_qp. As a workaround, I just call
ibv_destroy_qp directly.

Omar