On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 06:14:19PM +0200, Wolfram Sang wrote: > To keep the discussion about master_xfer_irqless going, I post here a > draft how I envision the changes to the I2C core. They are only build > tested. I am unsure if I can test them on hardware before next week, so > I'll send them around as RFC already, so people can get an idea and > comment. Maybe Stefan has some bandwidth to test his imx driver > implementation on top of this? > > A branch can be found here: > > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wsa/linux.git renesas/i2c/xfer_irqless What I forgot to mention: At some point, I'd like an adiitional check if the device is flagged to have very late I2C transfers and trigger a fat warning if not. To keep bugs visible. I have ideas but not perfect yet, so I'll leave this as the next step.