Hi Andy, > Nope. Below is the compile-tested one: Well, then let's add this incrementally once it has actually been tested. > > I don't understand the first sentence. And we still need it to clean up? > > If you know the name of the folder, you may look up it, no need to keep a > variable for that. I need the dentry twice, subdirs are also created in there. Of course, I could look it up twice, but why the computation? The variable seems simpler to me, despite it being static. Or is it a debugfs rule to not save dentries? Happy hacking, Wolfram