On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 05:09:45PM +0200, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote: > On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 at 16:39, Mark Brown wrote: > > I think it's reasonable, it's giving credit to the automated system > > they've got running coccinelle (which they do mention in their commit > > logs). It doesn't really hurt anyone and lets people see their system > > is finding stuff. > Running internally coccinelle is already credited with commit author. > The credits are coming with "From:" field. I guess if other people look at the same CI and send patches as well then there's some use tying them all together. > Otherwise for commits I send I could use: > From: krzk > ... > Reported-by: www.krzk.eu > Signed-off-by: krzk > To me it is ridiculous. Sure, on the other hand it doesn't really cost anyone anything if you do that. > Different thing is that Reported-by is for fixing bugs or issues. > There is no bug here. There is no problem solved except making the > code smaller. That's not what is Reported-by for. That is true, this one isn't fixing any bug but then the line does get a bit fuzzy all round with things like warnings and coccinelle output - even just having the warning pop up is noise for people looking at the output even if there's no concrete problem. Again I don't see it as something that's worth getting worked up over.