Linux-RISC-V Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
From: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
To: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com>
Cc: linux-arch <linux-arch@vger.kernel.org>,
	linux-riscv@lists.infradead.org,
	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>,
	Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>,
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] asm-generic: kill <asm/segment.h> and improve nommu generic uaccess helpers
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 00:48:44 +0200

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 11:53 PM James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2019-05-16 at 13:59 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 1:34 PM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> wrote:
> > >

> > > I have reconfigured it locally now and pushed an identical tag with
> > > new signature. Can you see if that gives you the same warning if
> > > you
> > > try to pull that?
> >
> > No, same issue:
>
> The problem seems to be this:
>
> jejb@jarvis:~> gpg --list-keys 60AB47FFC9095227
> pub   rsa4096 2011-10-27 [C]
>       88AFCD206B1611957187F16B60AB47FFC9095227
> sub   rsa4096 2011-10-27 [E]
>
> Your key is a "Certification key" and you have an encryption subkey but
> no signing key at all.  Usually you either have a signing subkey or
> your master key is both certification and signing ([CS] flags).
> Certification keys can only be used to certify other keys, they can't
> be used for signing, but I bet gpg is assuming that it can sign with
> the master key even if it doesn't possess the signing flag.

Strangely, the copy I have on my local machine does have the 'S'
flag. I sent it back to the server now.

> You can make your master key a signing key by doing
>
> gpg --expert --edit-key 60AB47FFC9095227
>
> Then doing
>
> gpg> change-usage
>
> and selecting "toggle sign"
>
> Or you could just add a signing subkey.

I had some problems with creating a subkey, probably because of
some misconfiguration. It seems to work now, so I created a new
signing subkey now for future use.

Thanks a lot!

     Arnd