linux-riscv.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Building and cross-compiling kernel source on Mac OS
@ 2019-03-12 17:32 Pintu Agarwal
From: Pintu Agarwal @ 2019-03-12 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: open list, kernelnewbies, linux-arm-kernel, linux-riscv

Hi,

I have a Mac Book Pro with macOS High Sierra 10.13.x installed (with
Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted)).
I also have the Xcode installed so I can compile a C program using gcc.

Now, I wanted to build linux kernel code (cross compile for arm or
risc-v) on Mac OS.
I know this is possible, but I am not familiar with the steps.
If somebody have the step by step guide, please share.

If this works, then I don't need to use Virtual Box inside MAC to
build the kernel code.

Thanks,
Pintu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-03-12 17:33 UTC | newest]