On Wed, 20 Feb 2019, Björn Töpel wrote: > Christopher mentioned "per-cpu atomicity" in his Plumbers RISC-V HPC > talk [1]. Typically, this would be for the per-cpu implementation in > Linux, so I had a look at the current implementation. > > I noticed that RISC-V currently uses the generic one. Has there been > any work on moving to a RISC-V specific impl, based on the > A-extensions, similar to what aarch64 does? Would that make sense? Yes doing a RISC-V implementation with the AMO instructions would make sense. Care to take that on? - Paul