Linux-RISC-V Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the generic-ioremap tree with the risc-v tree
       [not found] ` <20191118065149.GA4850@lst.de>
@ 2019-11-19 18:33   ` Paul Walmsley
From: Paul Walmsley @ 2019-11-19 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig
	Linux Next Mailing List, Palmer Dabbelt, paul.walmsley,
	linux-riscv

Christoph,

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 05:45:01PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> >   0c3ac28931d5 ("riscv: separate MMIO functions into their own header file")
>
> As already mentioned in reply to this patch when it was posted I think
> this kinda of split is a very bad idea.

Unless I missed a followup from you, you mentioned that you thought there
might be a better way to implement it, but you didn't highlight any
problems with it:

   https://lore.kernel.org/linux-riscv/20191031155608.GB7270@lst.de/

If you think there's something critically wrong with the patch that can be
fixed in time for the merge window, I'm happy to take a look at a
proposal.  Otherwise I think we'll need to drop the nommu set from the
v5.5 queue.

- Paul

only message in thread, back to index