Linux-RISC-V Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Patches for v5.2-rc and v5.3 merge window
@ 2019-05-20 17:21 Paul Walmsley
From: Paul Walmsley @ 2019-05-20 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-riscv; +Cc: palmer, linux-kernel

Folks,

Palmer has asked me to collect patches for the v5.2-rc releases and v5.3
merge window, so I'll be doing so.  This is just a heads-up so no one is
surprised to see 'patch queued' responses from me.

- Paul

* Re: Patches for v5.2-rc and v5.3 merge window
@ 2019-06-05 17:46 ` Kevin Hilman
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2019-06-05 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Walmsley, linux-riscv, Atish Patra; +Cc: palmer, linux-kernel

Paul Walmsley <paul.walmsley@sifive.com> writes:

> Palmer has asked me to collect patches for the v5.2-rc releases and v5.3
> merge window, so I'll be doing so.  This is just a heads-up so no one is
> surprised to see 'patch queued' responses from me.

Speaking of v5.2-rc, any chance your DT series will make it for v5.2?
I'm hoping to have upstream v5.2 ready for testing in kernelCI, and
that's one of the last missing pieces.  I just tested it on v5.2-rc3 and
it's working great with mainline u-boot.

The other one is the default defconfig, which I'll submit a patch for
shortly.

Kevin

* Re: Patches for v5.2-rc and v5.3 merge window
@ 2019-06-07  5:24   ` Paul Walmsley
From: Paul Walmsley @ 2019-06-07  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Hilman, devicetree, robh, mark.rutland
  Cc: Atish Patra, linux-riscv, palmer, linux-kernel

+ Rob, devicetree@, Mark

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, Kevin Hilman wrote:

> Paul Walmsley <paul.walmsley@sifive.com> writes:
>
> > Palmer has asked me to collect patches for the v5.2-rc releases and v5.3
> > merge window, so I'll be doing so.  This is just a heads-up so no one is
> > surprised to see 'patch queued' responses from me.
>
> Speaking of v5.2-rc, any chance your DT series will make it for v5.2?

Ideally it would be nice to get acks from the DT folks first for:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-riscv/20190602080500.31700-3-paul.walmsley@sifive.com/T/#u

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-riscv/20190602080500.31700-4-paul.walmsley@sifive.com/T/#u

If those come soon, I'd be fine with submitting them for v5.2-rc.  But if
that stretches much further into the v5.2-rc series, it seems best to
schedule it for v5.3.

> I'm hoping to have upstream v5.2 ready for testing in kernelCI, and
> that's one of the last missing pieces.  I just tested it on v5.2-rc3 and
> it's working great with mainline u-boot.

OK, great.  Thanks again for your testing help.

- Paul