Linux-RISC-V Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Palmer Dabbelt <palmerdabbelt@google.com>
To: Damien Le Moal <Damien.LeMoal@wdc.com>
Cc: linux-riscv@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: Kendryte K210 support v4
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:59:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:40:34 PDT (-0700), Damien Le Moal wrote:
> On 2020/03/27 7:09, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 21:19:05 PDT (-0700), Damien Le Moal wrote:
>>> Palmer,
>>
>> Ping ?
>>
>> It would be great to get this series in 5.7.
>
> Well, the real issue here is that the new series don't appear to address the
> fundamental issue I had with the patch set (kernel binaries that only run on
> one system).  As a result it's gone on the list of things I need to go fix,
> which is quite a bit longer than the review queue.

I do not understand... Are you referring to the compressed instruction #ifdef
that was in the unaligned load/store handler ? The latest v4 removed that and I
actuall tested all 4 combinations of kernel and user space being compiled with
and without compressed instructions. All worked fine.

We had the same problem in OpenSBI by the way and we fixed it there too.

It's the BUILTIN_DTB issue -- this should look up the DTB to use based on some
sort of SOC unique identifier, either something unique in the device tree that
was provided (assuming whatever loads Linux on the Kendryte provides one) or
mvendorid+marchid+mimpid (probably with some sort of masking).